Wheel Throwing demonstration
Watch the skilled potters at work
A skilled potter demonstrating the art of Hand Throwing is the first stop for all activities at Bendigo Pottery. Children are encouraged to recognise and value the cultural forms and traditions that constitute artistic heritage. No charge.
Wheel Throwing Lessons
Learn a new skill
Half hour experience to develop students' confidence and to develop an understanding of the skills required to make a pot on the wheel. Half hour lesson $20, maximum 4 students at a time. We can glaze and fire the pots, $10 per piece, and we can arrange postage worldwide.
Discover the art of hand moulding using a variety of techniques. This activity suits all ages. Clay play kits are $5.00 each and include the clay and take home container.
A step back in time...
Featuring a theatre inside a restored wood fired kiln, there are soundscapes, early film footage, a collection of manufacturing equipment and early Bendigo Pottery, timeline of the pottery's development and views into some of the current production areas. Entry is $4.00 per student.
- Clay play with potter's demonstration - $5.00 per student
- Museum entry plus clay play - $9.00 per student
- Half hour wheel throwing lesson and museum entry - $24.00 per student
- Museum entry, wheel throwing lesson and clay play - $29.00 per student
- To book an activity or make an inquiry, phone us on 0354484404 or email to email@example.com
Education Reference Material
"Bendigo Pottery A Selection of Wares from 1858-1990" - Ken Arnold
"Bendigo Pottery" - Paul Scholes
"Australian Pottery, the First 100 Years" - Geoff Ford
"Bendigo Pottery with Valuations" - Ken Arnold
"Bendigo Pottery" - Dennis O'Hoy